Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turn Left at the Reptile House

I'm a first year teacher, which means I'm also new, and it seems everyone I meet is boundlessly curious to discover how I'm doing.  I'm happy to discuss all that, but after the umpteenth person asks I do begin to get tired of it.  That probably shows.  And then I get back and my Judy does the same interrogation dance, and I have to call home and go through it all with my parents...it seems like it'll never end.

I can't help but feel a bit like an exhibit in the zoo.  

My classroom is more or less done.  The 'less' part is that I have no idea where a great deal of my science equipment is.  Everything is tucked away in unlabeled drawers.  The 'more' is that the bulletin board is 90% there and I have stuff on the walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment